EMF is a high quality medium to heavy engineering company with fabrication and CNC cutting capability. EMF helps customers take a concept through to a finished article. Designs are drawn and modelled in autocad or solid-works. Projects range from small profile-cut fabrications to large one-off purpose made items. We control the entire process in house, from engineering, cutting, rolling, pressing, fabrication, welding, hydraulics and where required, final machining, blast and paint.
When necessary site visits can be arranged. EMF endeavours to ensure the needs of our customers are met and is proud of our continued customer support.
The plate metal is either supplied by us or alternatively purchased separately by our customer. Either way, as a result of economic and availability considerations, plates are frequently sourced from various suppliers and are then able to be brought together for processing in one location.
Drawings for profile cutting can be supplied by one of the following options:
- Nested plates as .DWG or .DXF files
- Individual profiles as .DWG or .DXF files
- Individual profiles as fully dimensioned .PDF files
- Individual profiles as fully dimensioned paper drawings
- .DWG and .DXF files should be drawn to a scale of 1 mm = 1 drawing unit. One dimension should be included in each file so the scale can be double checked.
- The type of material, thickness and quantity required must be specified for each profile or nest of profiles.
- The software we utilise to process files for profile cutting is also a powerful tool for manual and automatic nesting of parts onto plates.